Thursday, May 14, 2009

First triathlon of the year

May 10, 2009

This is the second year I have raced Sooke Spring Triathlon. Last year I finished in 1:10:08 and this year I managed to cut more than 2 and a half minutes finishing in 1:07:28 to come 2nd overall out of the non-elites and first in my age group.
Although I had a great race, it did not start off well. I was lapped by 3 swimmers in my lane, luckily no one in my swim heat managed to gain much more than a minute before I too was out of the water. After T1 I was rapidly gaining on everyone with a strong bike that would become the 2nd fastest of all the bike times. The run too went well, the only downside being that after finishing I felt that I could have possibly pushed harder.
I want to say a big congratulations to my racing friend Mike Janes who won the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment